The Merseyside derby is a name given to the matches between Everton and their local rivals, Liverpool.
It is the longest running top-flight derby currently in England and with the derby coming up on Saturday in the first match of the Matchweek 30 in the Premier League, we want you to test your mind on how well you know the Merseyside derby.
GhanaMansports.com will like to know from you if you can answer these questions about the Merseyside derby.
- Who is the top goalscorer in derby matches with nine goals?
- Which current player has the most derby goals?
- Who scored the only goal in the reverse fixture this season?
- Who is the only player to play in both derby matches for both teams in the same season?
- Steven Gerrard has been sent off twice but which Everton player has seen red on two occasions?
- Who is the youngest derby goalscorer?
- Who is the oldest derby goalscorer?
- The last time Everton beat Liverpool at Anfield was back in 1999. The Blues won 1-0 but who scored the goal?
A few own goals have been scored in this fixture but who got the most recent one in November 2009?
- Which goalkeeper has the most clean sheets in derby matches
- Which player scored their first Premier League goal in a Merseyside derby?
- Who said: “That game stayed with me for a long time as an Everton fan as a kid. My family are mostly Evertonians, giving Liverpool a beating is like a trophy for them.”
Which Everton player scored the equaliser in Steven Gerrard’s last Merseyside derby in Everton’s 1-1 draw with Liverpool.Test your resolve on these questions.