The Management of Kumasi Asante Kotoko held a press conference today ahead of their weekend outstanding clash against arch rivals Accrra Hearts of Oak.
Also present was the team’s head of medical department, Dr. Michael Leat.
He emphasized that all the players who suffered various degrees of injuries as a result of the motor accident the team suffered are well except Ashietey Ollenu.
The Press Conference was held this morning at Sports Hotel ahead of 1st game since July 12 tragedy.
Important points as captured by the team’s official twitter handle are as follows in questions and answers form.
1. Will Coach Polack be on the bench for Sunday’s game? “The doctors will decide whether I should be on the bench or not”, he responds.
2. Coach Steven Polack on team’s readiness: “My players are ready for Sunday, and we are going to take the three points”.
3. Player readiness and availability: “The players are OK to play on Sunday, except Ollenu and Akuffo” – Dr. Michael Leat.
4. Dr. Leat on Emmanuel Gyamfi: “We are yet to receive the medical report from the Black Stars Team B medical team”.
5. Our Trauma Nurse, Emmanuel Owusu on the team’s mental make-up: “Our team contains competent characters, who are ready to deliver on any day”.
6. Dr Leat answers more questions on players: “Baba Mahama will be ready on Sunday, he’s fit to play”.
7. “I won’t force any player to play when he’s not fit, they are OK, that’s why we decided to play on Sunday” – Dr. Michael Leat.
8. “First of all, every player has to be ready for every game, what matters most, is type recovery they go through, after games” – Polack.
9. Latest on team bus driver still on admission at KATH: “Final surgery to be conducted on driver Nana Berchie on Friday” – Dr. Michael Leat.
10. Head of Communication, Obed Acheampong: “We play Nat Costa FC, tomorrow in a friendly game at Baba Yara Stadium at 3pm”.
11. Obed Acheampong to supporters: “Let’s show true love to our players on Sunday by filling the stands and cheer them to victory”.
(Via @AsanteKotoko_SC on Twitter)