Barcelona forward, Neymar da Silva Jnr is reported to earn 45m euros (£40.3m) a year before tax as he is set to complete a deal to Paris St. Germain.
Neymar, 25, is set to earn 865,000 euros (£775,477) a week when he finalises a deal with the Paris based club.
Neymar who was handed permission to leave Barcelona training as he nears move to PSG will then become the highest paid football player and will sign a five year deal with the Paris based side.
How does Neymar’s contract compare?
According to Forbes’ rich list, the Brazilian is currently the only footballer to earn more from his off-field endorsements than his playing contract at Barcelona.
Neymar’s sponsors include global brands such as Nike, Gillette, Panasonic and Beats by Dre and bring the 25-year-old in $22m (£16.6m) on top of his $15m (£11.3m) salary.
“He was the first soccer player to have his own custom Air Jordan sneakers made by the Swoosh,” says Forbes.
However, that will change when he completes a world-record move to PSG and collects a pre-tax weekly wage of 865,000 euros (£775,477) or 45m euros (£40.3m) a year.
That is more than current Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi, who signed a new deal worth a reported £500k per week in July, and Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo’s £365,00-a-week deal.
It looks set to make the Brazilian the best-paid player in the world, overtaking Carlos Tevez who is said to earn £615,000 per week at Shanghai Shenhua.
Here is how Neymar’s deal shapes up to bumper contracts in other sports:
- Earlier this year, NBA franchise the Houston Rockets signed James Harden to a four-year deal worth a reported $172m (£130m)
- Baseball’s Giancarlo Stanton signed a 13-year Miami Marlins deal worth £246m in 2014
- Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck boasts the richest contract in NFL history at £106m
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton became Britain’s best-paid sportsman in 2015 with £100m deal
- Conor McGregor has earned £26m from two UFC bouts in the past 12 months
- Golfer Rory McIlroy’s 10-year deal with Nike is worth £80m
Neymar who joined Barcelona in 2013 have scored 105 goals in the four seasons spent at the club.