Ghanamansports.com has over the years supported graduate talents who have passion in writing sports articles and unveiling captivating sports stories to our readers. We do encourage and motivate young and enthusiastic sports writers to start a great career with us. Our focus on talent development is due to the trust, dedication and hardwork of our employees and we are keen on recruiting sports writers who have the passion to write excellent stories on Ghana sports.
Ghanamansports.com is a transcendent sports platform that cuts across all areas of sports, delivering exclusive news, features and interviews. Our credibility catches the attention of our audience with great traffic making us the No.1 sports website in Ghana.
Job Level – Sports News Writer
Salary Range – Ghc 100.00 Per WEEK.
Specialization -Sports News Report
Available Slots -1
Application Deadline – 09/03/18
JOB DESCRIPTION for Online News Sports Writer
Purpose of role: The Online Journalist will collect, collate and write the content of daily sports news of all sports categories with much concentration on Ghanaian sports, for http://www.ghanamansports.com.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work under the supervision of the Online Editor .
2. Enact the editorial policy and agenda agreed by the Director of Broadcast and CEO working with the Online Editor.
3. You must be ready to write a number of articles per day from 5 to 10 articles depending on the direction of the editor. Applicant must possess a laptop for flexibility of work.
4. Attend regular meetings with the Online Editor either physical or virtual e.g webcam, social network etc and accept assignments to research and cover news stories, features, specialist interviews and other original content.
5. Take responsibility for content of sports news on our website, ensuring consistent high quality, good ‘inclusive’ writing, plenty of visuals and the keeping of deadlines.
6. Originate new ideas, and propose ways to pull together or link stories thematically and geographically, and to add in depth coverage on sports issues.
7. Maintain close working relationships with staff from all sports Projects, sports Creative Resources and Broadcast to keep abreast of the latest sports developments in every part of the country (Ghana).
8. Run live commentaries online for all sports categories.
9. Ensure or check compliance with normal legal frameworks, including special requirements and permissions for the vulnerable, or those involved in court proceedings, applying the laws of copyright and defamation.
10. Check all compliance and legal issues with the Online Editor if in doubt and as a matter of course on sensitive, difficult or high profile stories.
11. Occasionally contribute to other areas of work, including, page redesign or developments, advertisement and marketing, productions and sports events organizing.
12. Any other duties as reasonably required.
NB: Applicant must use the following link for document /Staff profile
1. Forward your CV’S to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Use this link to fill in your Profile Information https://ghanamansports.com/staffprofile-2/