The Ghana Football Association (GFA) Executive Commitee had a meeting today at the GFA Secretariat to discuss issues pertaining to the Ministry and ways forward with the main agenda of the day being who leads the Senior National team of Ghana, the Black Stars as the head coach.
The Exco committee deliberated on issues and reached consensus on the following:
1. A six member committee set up to search for the new Black Stars coach following the departure of Avram Grant as the Black Stars coach. The six member committee has been tasked to look for a new national team coach for the Senior National Team. The committee will be headed by GFA President Kwesi Nyantakyi. Other members of the committee are George Afriyie, chairman of the Black Stars management committee, Francis Oti Akenteng, the Technical Director of the GFA, Opoku Nti, former Black Stars player and member of the Executive Committee, Alex Asante, Director of International Competitions and a representative from the Ministry of Youth & Sports. The GFA secretariat has been tasked to provide the committee with its terms of reference and deadlines by the end of this week.
2. Two pronged approach to be used in search for new Black Stars coach by the committee. The committee tasked to search for the Black Stars was directed to use the headhunting and applications from interested coaches as the two methods to be used to recruit the new coach. Coaches both local and foreign who are interested in coaching the Black Stars are invited to send their applications and supporting documents to the Committee at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Committee was also mandated to target suitable and competent coaches for consideration even if they don’t apply for the post.
3. The new Black Stars coach will also take charge of Local Black Stars. The new Black Stars coach will also take charge of the Local Black Stars as the head coach of the home based national team.
4. Maxwell Konadu was named the interim Black Stars coach before a new coach is appointed. Maxwell Konadu will be the caretaker coach of the Black Stars until the substantive coach is named. He will be assisted by Professor Joseph Mintah, who will also continue in his role as the team psychologist.
5. Composition of the Disciplinary Committee as Prosper Harrison Addo has been reinstated as the chairman of the Disciplinary Committee after lengthy discussions. He has accepted to return to the position after resigning last year. Other members of the Committee are Eva Okyere, Godsway Glah and W.O. Amoo. A fifth person will be named in due course to join the committee.
6. Financial support for Division One Clubs following a petition by Division One Clubs. The Executive Committee has decided to offer financial support to the clubs by paying half of the cost for their participation in this year’s league. After critical evaluation, the GFA will bear half of the cost of the match officiating fees with the clubs paying the rest.
7. Central Region representative on the Executive Committee. The chairman of the IMC of Central Region Football Association Robert Otieku Duncan has been invited to attend Executive Committee meetings as an observer until the legal issues surrounding the region has been resolved.