GUIDELINES FOR ELECTIONS TO THE GHANA OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (GOC) EXECUTIVE BOARD
- The date and venue for the election shall be 15th March 2017.
- Nominations for elections shall be open from 21st February 2017 to 7th March 2017 between 10am and 5pm each day.
- Nomination forms will be sent to members by email and will also be available at the GOC office located at Ridge, Accra between 10am and 5pm from 21st February to 7th March 2017.
- Nominations shall be in respect of the following positions in accordance with Article 8 of the GOC constitution.
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- 3rd Vice President
- Assistant Secretary-General
- Assistant Treasurer
- Five Representatives elected from National Federations affiliated to the International Federations recognized by the IOC and whose sports are includedin the Olympic programme
- One elected member from a Non-Olympic Sport Federation
- One elected member from a National Federation affiliated to the GOC
- Three other members elected by Congress.
- Nominations for election to the Executive Board shall be made by member Federations
- Candidates may pick and complete nomination forms.
- Nomination forms shall be endorsed by the President, Vice President or Secretary General of a member federation who must sign and stamp the form and indicate their position and no Federation or Association shall propose more than one candidate for any position.
- Member Federation/ Association endorsing any candidate shall be properly affiliated to the GOC in accordance with the GOC constitution.
- Completed forms shall be delivered at the GOC Office at Ridge, Accra no later than 5pm on 7th March 2017.
- Names of delegates who will vote at congress shall be delivered at the GOC Office at Ridge, Accra no later than 5pm on 7th March 2017. List of nominees and delegates shall be published no later than 9th March 2017.
|2 Delegates from Each Olympic Sport||1 Delegate from Each Non-Olympic Sport|
|Ghana Amateur Boxing Association||Ghana Beach Sports Association|
|Ghana Athletics Association||Ghana Bodybuilding Association|
|Ghana Badminton Association||Ghana Chess Association|
|Ghana Basketball Association||Ghana Cricket Association|
|Ghana Baseball/ Softball Association||Ghana Kick Boxing Association|
|Ghana Cycling Association||Ghana National Sports for All Association|
|Ghana Fencing Association||Ghana Netball Association|
|Ghana Football Association||Ghana Professional Boxing Association|
|Ghana Golf Association||Ghana Scrabble Association|
|Ghana Handball Association||Ghana Special Olympics Association|
|Ghana Hockey Association||Ghana Squash Association|
|Ghana Judo Association||Ghana Women in Sports Association|
|Ghana Karate-Do Association||SESSA|
|Ghana Rowing and Canoeing||GUSA|
|Ghana Rugby Association||GES|
|Ghana Swimming Association|
|Ghana Shooting Association|
|Ghana Table Tennis Association|
|Ghana Taekwondo Federation|
|Ghana Tennis Association|
|Ghana Volleyball Association|
|Ghana Weightlifting Association|
- Candidates shall be required to meet the qualifications set out in the GOC Constitution in particular Article
- Nominations Forms shall be submitted in triplicate. Receipt shall be acknowledged on all three copies indicating date and time of submission and one copy shall be given to the nominee.
- Ballot papers shall bear the names of candidates but not pictures.
- Where at the close of nomination for election to the Executive Board of GOC;
- Only one candidate is nominated for a position, the election shall be held and if the candidate obtains 50% + 1 of the valid votes cast he/she shall be declared elected
- Two or more candidates have been nominated, election shall be held and the candidate who obtains 50% + 1 of the valid votes cast shall be declared elected.
- If there are more than two candidates and none of them obtains at least 50% +1 of the valid votes cast in the first round, there shall be a second round between the two candidates obtaining the highest number of votes validly cast in the first round. In this second round the candidate obtaining 50% + 1 of the valid votes cast shall be declared elected.
- In respect of Elections for the five persons representing Olympic sports, if there are more than five candidates, the five persons obtaining the highest number of votes validly cast will be declared elected.
- In respect of Elections for the five persons representing Olympic sports, if there are only five candidates, the five persons will be declared elected
- In respect of Elections for the three ordinary members, if there are more than three candidates, the three persons obtaining the highest number of votes validly cast will be declared elected.
- In respect of Elections for the three ordinary members, if there are only three candidates, the three persons will be declared elected
- An independent election commission composed of 3 members elected by the General Assembly (prior to the elective congress) will preside over the elections
- Elections will be supervised by the Electoral Commission of Ghana and must be conducted by secret ballot and votes must be cast by voting members in a transparent ballot box.
- Any disputes with regards to election to the Executive Board shall be referred to the Disciplinary/Grievance/Dispute Resolution Committee by any aggrieved party within seven (7) days of the elections and the decision of the Committee shall be final.