The latest FIFA ranking for the month of March has been announced.
Brazil currently occupies the top outstripping Argentina. This is the first time in seven years Brazil is top of the FIFA rankings.
The five time champions qualified for the World Cup after beating Paraguay 3-0 to reach the Mundial for the 21st time. They remain the only club to have reached every edition of the World Cup.
Spain makes up the top 10 with Northern Ireland climbing nine places up to joint 26th with the Republic of Ireland who fell down by two places.
The other UK countries saw Wales drop to 13th after occupying 12th in the last ranking with England remaining in 14th.
Scotland was the second best mover of all the UK countries after Northern Ireland to move from 67th in the last ranking to 59th in the latest ranking.
The top 10 countries in the latest FIFA Rankings are;
- Brazil 1661
- Argentina 1603
- Germany 1464
- Chile 1403
- Colombia 1348
- France 1294
- Belgium 1281
- Portugal 1259
- Switzerland 1212
- Spain 1204
In the case of the Africans’ rankings, Egypt occupies the top spot with Ghana eighth in Africa. The West African country occupies 45th in the world.
The top 10 countries in Africa are;
- Egypt 910 (19th in the world)
- Senegal 805 (30th in the world)
- Cameroon 779 (33rd in the world)
- Burkina Faso 765 (35th in the world)
- Nigeria 726 (40th in the world)
- Congo DR 712 (41st in the world)
- Tunisia 701 (42nd in the world)
- Ghana 682 (45th in the world)
- Cote D’Ivoire 672 (48th in the world)
- Morocco 633 (53rd in the world)